The Newcastle Cruising Yacht Club is seeking enthusiastic & experienced sailing instructors with positive “can-do” attitudes to deliver dinghy & keelboat courses as part of its Sailing Academy. The role is casual and applicants must be available to work a flexible casual roster, including weekdays, some evenings and weekends depending upon sailing activities.
The position involves delivering courses and activities on the Club’s fleet of Force 24 inshore keelboats and OziOpti dinghies, including:
- Discover Sailing Experiences
- “Tackers” junior dinghy sailing
- Courses of Australian Sailing’s National Keelboat Program
- School sailing in keelboats and dinghies
- “Sail & Play” school holiday sailing camps
- Women’s sailing
- Corporate sailing
- Private lessons
The role is primarily operational, providing activity sessions on & off-water in all weather conditions to children and adults following the Australian Sailing syllabi and the NCYC Sailing Academy program.
- Australian Sailing/RYA Keelboat and/or Dinghy Instructor qualifications
- Boat licence and/or Powerboat Handling Certificate.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Working with Children Check (for employees).
Suitable candidates who possess a positive & enthusiastic attitude and a strong work ethic may be offered courses and further training to enable them to grow into the role and extend their opportunities with the Club. The option to increase casual hours exists with in the Dockmaster, sailing administration and bar/restaurant teams.
Applications should be made in writing only addressed to the Sailing Academy Manager, NCYC PO Box 150, Wickham NSW 2293, or email email@example.com