Now that you have completed your learn to sail course . . . what are your options?
Continue with another course at the NCYC Sailing Academy.
- You can attend as many Discover Sailing Experiences as you like to gain further skills, confidence and experience.
- Progress to the next course on the National Keelboat Program pathway
- Continue with our Friday Women’s Sailing courses at the discounted “return sailor rate”
List your details on our Crew Register
- Record you contact details, experience and interest on our on-line crew register. Our boat owners who are on occasion looking for crew can access your details and get in touch. Follow the link –
Join in our Wednesday NCYC “Twilight Sailing”
- Sailing starts at 5:30pm
- Two of our members have very kindly offered their yacht Schouten Passage for Sailing Academy graduates to gain further sail training as part of their crew on Wednesday Twilights. You need to book in a “next available” spot by Tuesday night – please send the Sailing Office your expression of interest & contact details and we will pass them on – email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can come to the club ready-to-sail around 4:30pm and let the staff at the bar know that you are keen for a sail. The bar staff can point out our other boat owners who are sailing that afternoon and you can ask around if they have a spare spot on-board.
- Introduce yourself, meet some new people and hopefully you will get a spot on the water!
Come racing offshore in our Sunday Club Racing program
- Our Sunday racing is conducted offshore, so if you have tried Wednesday twilights and met some of our boat owners, you might like to check with them if they have any room on their offshore racing crew.
Visit our friends out at the Lake Macquarie Yacht Club
- Register your details on their crew register to hopefully get a ride on one of their members boats on either on their Friday twilight or Saturday racing programs. Visit the website at http://www.lmyc.com.au/site/crew-register