Discover Sailing with us . . .
Located on the sandy shores of Port Stephens, the Bay Sailing Centre offers the perfect location for discovering sailing or watching the world go by with a peaceful coffee, whilst taking in the stunning view.
We invite you to join us on the waters of a “sailor’s paradise” and register for one of the programs we have on offer this summer.
- “Discover Sailing” Experience to give sailing a try for 2.5 hours
- Learn to Sail 4-day morning programs for both children and adults
- Learn to Race a weekly sailing program to develop sailing skills ready for taking on the Club racing program
The NCYC Bay Sailing Centre is an accredited Discover Sailing Centre with Australian Sailing and offers the nationally recognised experiences & courses of their Dinghy Program.
- Use of a O’pen Skiff or Pacer dinghy with all sailing equipment
- Use of a personal floatation device (PDF)
- Tuition, guidance & encouragement from Australian Sailing qualified Instructors and Assistant Instructors
- One Australian Sailing Dinghy Program logbook (for learn to sail courses)
- A certificate emailed upon completion
What you need:
- Swimmers, boardshorts, rash shirt or t-shirt (anything comfortable you don’t mind getting wet in!)
- Closed-toe footwear that can get wet (beach shoes, old sneakers)
- Hat & suncream
- Towel & Change of clothes
- Water confidence
The O’pen Skiff dinghies are most suitable to people of slight stature and can carry one child.
The Pacer dinghies are a larger boat with two sails which are suitable for two or three children, an adult & one or two small children or two adults (recommended maximum combined crew weight 140kgs).
We recommend that you book online to reserve your date and time however bookings can also be made at the venue (although places may not always be available). Bookings are made on a per boat basis with each individual participant (including children) registered, in order to participate.
The recommended age for participation on the O’pen Skiff dinghy is 8 to 13 years and the minimum age on the Pacer dinghy is 5 years if accompanied by an adult (18+ years). Participants require a reasonable level of fitness and good mobility & agility in order to move around the boat. Change room and toilet facilities available onsite.
Program Dates & Online Bookings:
Click on one of the sailing boats below to go through to experience & course dates, then complete your registration & secure online payment