To increase the participation of Women and Girls in Competitive Sailing. This will be achieved by following and expanding on the objectives detailed in the NCYC Strategic Plan for [email protected] – Women and Girls in Competitive Sailing.
She[email protected] will:
- Provide a pathway for women and girls in competitive sailing from learn to sail to offshore racing.
- Provide guidance for women and girls interested in participating in regatta racing and events.
- Initiate fundraising events:
- To raise funds for sponsoring women and girls in competitive sailing.
- To increase our profile and presence in the community and sailing fraternity.
Guidelines for Funding for Private Campaigns:
- SheSAILS@NCYC will publish a list of possible sailing events on their website. (please see below)
- Applications must first be made to the NCYC Sailing Manager as per the Financial Assistance for Racing Sailors link on the NCYC website by emailing [email protected]
- Applications which meet this Guideline for Funding Allocation will then be forwarded to the SheSAILS@NCYC Committee for approval.
- Funding may be provided for SheSAILS@NCYC crews competing in Local, State, National and International events.
- Funding may be provided for individual NCYC members representing SheSAILS@NCYC in women’s crews with members from other clubs.
- Given the submission meets the criteria in this Guideline, the Committee may provide funds on an event by event basis for:
- Entry, berthing and 2 training sessions with a recognised trainer (training funds will be capped at $300 per campaign).
- Funding for teams selected by NCYC may be considered for additional SheSAILS@NCYC funding at the discretion of the Committee.
- Funding may also be provided for an outstanding representative of NCYC for a one-off event. This funding will be capped at 5% of total funds raised by SheSAILS@NCYC for the applicable year.
- SheSAILS@NCYC reserves the right to disperse funds as it sees fit, and which meets the objectives of the Strategic Plan for [email protected] – Women and Girls in Competitive Sailing.
- Whilst SheSAILS@NCYC reserves the right to disperse funds it sees fit, it will aim to evenly distribute funding across selected sailing events whilst meeting the annual funding budget for the applicable year.
Anyone receiving or applying for funding will:
- Maintain contact with SheSAILS@NCYC during the event and provide daily updates and photos to a nominated SheSAILS@NCYC contact each day.
- Write an article for the NCYC electronic newsletter or magazine.
- Boat charter fees.
- Accommodation, transport and living costs.
Conflict of Interest:
- Members of the Committee must declare a conflict of interest for any event seeking funding. That/those member/s will abstain from voting from granting funding for that application.
- Any event which includes the entire Committee will be excluded from funding.
Possible Sailing Events for 2021 (not limited to)
- 11-14 June – Australian Women’s Keelboat Regatta (RMYS-VIC)
- 20 July to 1 August – Mooloolaba Women’s Winter Regatta
- 12-19 August – Airlie Beach Race Week
- 10-12 September – GaLs Regatta Townsville
- 3-4 October – Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron Ladies of the Sea