Newcastle Cruising Yacht Club – Help put the ‘cruising’ in NCYC.
NCYC has a lot of members who have extensive cruising experiences, with their voyages undertaken both locally and all around the World.
Apart from the delivery of race boats back from distant destinations, many of NCYC’s members have engaged in real cruising activities. To tap into this experience, and encourage others to make more use of their vessels NCYC’s newly established Cruising Division is arranging some cruising activities to engage with our members who have a desire to experience the joys of cruising.
To help facilitate this we are proposing to arrange several cruises and other activities during 2013-14.
Sydney – RAN International Fleet Review and Centenary of Fleet entry into Sydney Harbour.
- Depart NCYC Friday 4th October 2013 (and follow the Tall Ships entry into Sydney).
- Saturday 5th– watch the Fleet review, over 40 warships from Australia and 15 other countries.
- Sydney will be awash with ships and sailors, and festivities include a fireworks display on Saturday night.
- Return Monday 9th October
Pittwater 2014 – Timed to coincide with the races to Pittwater and return prior to Port Stephens Race Week
- Depart NCYC circa 29 March 2014.
- Spend a week in Pittwater discovering the many bays and anchorages.
- Return to NCYC the following weekend (5 April 2013) with the spectacle of the race fleet of 30+ yachts passing by on the return trip (unless they run out of wind).
NCYC’s Cruising Sub-Committee
A small advisory group will be established to support NCYC’s cruising calendar and plan events, training and skills enhancement activities, and evenings to share cruising experiences and tips. We have many members who have sailed around Australia (including Tasmania) and in such exotic locations as the Pacific Islands, Croatia, Greece, Turkey, Thailand and all sorts of other interesting places. So whether your interests are further afield or a trip to Port Stephens (or Stockton), we hope to cater for your needs and thirst for adventure (or just dreaming).