THE THINGS YOU WILL LEARN!
When I’m on the water I can . . .
- Sail by myself in most conditions
- Identify dangerous situations in and around the marina
- Sit on the side of my boat and face my sail
- Sail without kneeling
- Steer and control my sail at the same time
- Tack my boat facing forward and changing my hands behind my back
- Reach around a sausage course
- Know where to have my sail set for all points of sailing
- Steer using my tiller extension when I’m paddling or being towed
- Get out of the ‘No Go Zone’
And when I’m on shore I can . . .
- Name the main ‘points’ of sailing
- Name the all of the parts of my boat
- Tie a ‘bowline’ and a ‘reef’ knot
- Use aids to determine the wind direction and strength
- Rig and de-rig my boat with assistance