The Academy operates primarily in:
- Throsby Creek (for Tackers); or
- The Basin for all other activities
- To operate outside of the Basin, you must have:
- a) Sailing Office approval; and
- b) Safety Boat accompanying you; and
- c) No boats are permitted to sail in the Main Channel except when transiting directly between Designated Sailing Areas.
Note the colour code:
- Green – Designated sailing areas
- Yellow – Use Caution when operating:
- Near the marina and fish co-op. This is a high traffic area.
- Near the tug berths. Tugs departing are silent and need to move quickly.
- When transiting in high risk areas such as The Cut and the Main Channel.