The Youth Keelboat Squad is a training program running throughout April, May, June, July, and October, involving both on & off water sessions as well as regatta experience. The program focuses on the further development of the sailing skillset of participants.
At onwater sessions, participants will focus on refining their skills in the following areas –
- Understand and develop advanced keelboat handling skills including the use of symmetrical spinnakers
- Fleet race training and regatta experience
- Developing a deeper understanding and knowledge base of the Racing Rules of Sailing
- Transitioning of dinghy sailing skills to a keelboat sailing environment
- Execution of better teamwork dynamics
- Gain one-design regatta racing experience
Off the water, participants will also be enrolled in the Hunter Academy of Sport’s theory component that will compliment the Youth Keelboat Squad curriculum.
Sailors should approximately be between the ages of 13 – 21 years old and have existing sailing experience at a club level. The program is also suitable for participants of the OutThere Youth Sailing Program to continue their sailing development.
Click HERE to view the Youth Keelboat Squad – Program Summary
Click HERE to enroll in the Youth Keelboat Squad